Purpose: The Wheelhouse Studios (WhS) Community Guidelines exist to promote a positive, safe, and creative environment as well as common expectations for patrons utilizing the facility.
WhS cultivates an inclusive art community that values respect and learning. No physical or verbal abuse or discrimination of any form will be tolerated. Patrons found to be violating the WhS Community Guidelines will receive a verbal warning. Further violations may result in loss of studio privileges including access to spaces.
- Treat each other with dignity and respect, cultivating art community.
- Listen to and comply with any safety instructions or requests from WhS staff.
- Use all tools and equipment safely and properly.
- Wear clothes, hair, jewelry, etc. that allows you to safely use tools and equipment and avoids vulgar/obscene content (close toed shoes, no loose jewelry, hair tied).
- Report any unsafe conditions or actions to WhS staff immediately.
- No outside materials are permitted at WhS, any exceptions must be approved by the Director.
- Be good stewards of the environment and all common equipment and supplies by keeping work areas safe and cleaning the entirety of work areas prior to departure.
- Respect the workspace of other patrons, including keeping personal noise levels to a minimum, i.e. “inside voices,” and refraining from using electronic devices except with headphones.
- Write your name on any tools that you bring to the studio, especially if they may get left out.
- Take finished works home to enjoy and share. If an art piece is left it must have a name, date, and phone number of patron. Works left longer than 2 weeks will be disposed of.
- Have an inspired, safe and fun time using imagination and innovation in the creation of amazing works of art.
Patrons may NOT:
- Borrow tools, supplies or equipment from WhS or other patrons without permission.
- Touch, disturb, damage, or play with artwork created by (or being created by) others without their explicit permission.
Read the Wisconsin Union's Patron Code of Conduct.