Can children use Wheelhouse?
Where can I park?
Wheelhouse Studios is a lifelong education program designed for adult learners and cannot accommodate individuals under the age of 18 due to liability reasons and State of Wisconsin Mandatory Reporter of Child Abuse guidelines. There are no exceptions to this policy. Thank you for your understanding.
Wheelhouse Community Guidelines
For most courses there is public parking within two blocks of your meeting place. Visit the Union's parking page for more information.
Can I bring in my own materials to use in Wheelhouse Studios?
Purpose: The Wheelhouse Studios (WhS) Community Guidelines exist to promote a positive, safe, and creative environment as well as common expectations for patrons utilizing the facility.
WhS cultivates an inclusive art community that values respect and learning. No physical or verbal abuse or discrimination of any form will be tolerated. Patrons found to be violating the WhS Community Guidelines will receive a verbal warning. Further violations may result in loss of studio privileges including access to spaces.
- Treat each other with dignity and respect, cultivating art community.
- Listen to and comply with any safety instructions or requests from WhS staff.
- Use all tools and equipment safely and properly.
- Wear clothes, hair, jewelry, etc. that allows you to safely use tools and equipment and avoids vulgar/obscene content (close toed shoes, no loose jewelry, hair tied).
- Report any unsafe conditions or actions to WhS staff immediately.
- No outside materials are permitted at WhS, any exceptions must be approved by the Director.
- Be good stewards of the environment and all common equipment and supplies by keeping work areas safe and cleaning the entirety of work areas prior to departure.
- Respect the workspace of other patrons, including keeping personal noise levels to a minimum, i.e. “inside voices,” and refraining from using electronic devices except with headphones.
- Write your name on any tools that you bring to the studio, especially if they may get left out.
- Take finished works home to enjoy and share. If an art piece is left it must have a name, date, and phone number of patron. Works left longer than 2 weeks will be disposed of.
- Have an inspired, safe and fun time using imagination and innovation in the creation of amazing works of art.
Patrons may NOT:
- Borrow tools, supplies or equipment from WhS or other patrons without permission.
- Touch, disturb, damage, or play with artwork created by (or being created by) others without their explicit permission.
Read the Wisconsin Union's Patron Code of Conduct.
Why am I required to purchase my clay from Wheelhouse Studios?
Wheelhouse studio users are not permitted to bring in their own materials, as this poses a compatibility and safety risk. We stock a large variety of studio art materials for purchase and we require purchase of clay from Wheelhouse Studios when using the ceramics area. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Excluding ceramic materials, some exceptions may apply with prior approval. Please email email@example.com with inquiries.
Can I enroll a guest?
To insure both firing compatibility and glazing compatibility all users of the ceramics studio are required to purchase and use clay sourced at Wheelhouse Studios. The success of all users in their ceramic art is our ultimate goal. Mixing clay bodies within a single kiln can result in explosions (ruining everyone’s works). Our glazes are formulated and tested to work well with the clay bodies that we offer for sale.
Can I enroll in a course that has already started?
Any eligible person list may register one additional person in the same course, as their guest, at the same per-person rate as their eligibility allows.
Why do I need to set up an account to register?
Yes, we do accept registrations for courses that have already started, provided there is still space available in the class. Fees are not prorated for late registrations, however.
NOTE: If you are looking for a course that has already started you need to change the search setting.
Can I request a refund?
Setting up an account allows you to more easily register in the future, access a complete record of your previous registrations, and print a personal schedule. Wheelhouse Studios will not share or sell your information to anyone out side of the program.
What is the policy on weather cancellations?
A full refund of class fees can be issued if we cancel a course. If you elect to drop or transfer, we must receive notice at least three full business days prior to the start date. A $5.00 service fee is assessed for any refund request. Refund requests need to be called or emailed to the office as refunds cannot be processed via the website. No refunds issued for inability to attend published rain dates. Receipts will not be mailed for credit card refunds, please consult your monthly card statement for confirmation.
Your satisfaction is important to us. If you are dissatisfied with your class, please let us know. Depending on the situation we can issue a refund or transfer to another course.
Can I teach a class?
Courses Meeting Outdoors - Most classes have a scheduled "rain date" or are scheduled to meet rain or shine. This information should be included in the course description and/or on your Course Confirmation Notice. Assume your class is running unless you hear from your Instructor or our office. There are no refunds for inability to attend scheduled rain dates or you assuming a class is not running when it in fact did.
Major Storm Cancellations - All Wheelhouse classes are canceled if UW-Madison cancels classes. The University rarely does this. Individual courses may cancel at the Instructor's request even if the UW remains open. Should this happen we attempt to reach all participants for any canceled class. We will also update our voice mail (Main phone line at (608) 262-3156 with cancellations.
The first step is to complete our Application and Course Proposal Form. This is available on the Instructors area of this site. We can also mail or email you these forms. Call our office at (608) 262-3156 to have any questions you may have answered and/or to request that the forms be sent to you.