Welcome to the Terrace!
There's nothing like the historic Memorial Union Terrace––and we're here for you this summer!
It's Terrace Time
Come enjoy the iconic sunburst chairs, beautiful lake views, gorgeous sunsets, and your food faves. No reservations needed—just enter along the east side of Memorial Union, outside or indoors, to experience the Terrace. We're planning our summer events, so watch this space for our Terrace Stage music and film lineup.
Grab a chair and soak up the sun on the historic Memorial Union Terrace. The years have passed, the space has grown and even the chairs have changed. But through it all, the Terrace has remained a favorite spot for UW students, faculty, staff, Union members and anyone else looking to enjoy a sunny day or beautiful evening.
For updates and pictures of our favorite chairs, connect with us:
Open Daily 8 am–11 pm
How to "Terrace" in 2021:
- No reservations needed
- Face masks required indoors, effective August 5, 2021
- Face masks are not required outdoors, but encouraged for people not vaccinated
- Food is available to order, carry-in food & beverages are not allowed
- Seating is first-come, first-served
- With the exception of service animals, pets are not allowed
- Bikes are not allowed