University of Wisconsin-Madison (opens in new window)

Wisconsin Union Theater Event Space Request

Shannon Hall or Play Circle

Please complete the below form to request space in Shannon Hall or Play Circle, located at Memorial Union, 800 Langdon Street, Madison WI. Submitting a request does not guarantee space in the theater; a booking is completed once theater availability has been confirmed and a contract has been signed.

Before completing this form, please review the following:

Theater Renter Eligibility

March 2023 Updates
  • There is very limited date availability from now through May 14, 2023. Due to the six-week lead time needed for advancing, we will likely not be able to accommodate new requests. Inquiries will be reviewed in the order they were received. Please allow 2-3 business days for a response.
  • New requests for June/July/August 2023 will be reviewed in the order they were received. Please allow 2-3 business days for a response.
  • Booking for September 2023 through May 2024 is now open. Please note the following:
    • Inquiries received by Monday, April 3, 2023 will be reviewed in the first round of scheduling. These requests can anticipate receiving a response by Friday, April 14th. Once offered a date, you will have one (1) week to sign and return your booking confirmation.
    • Inquiries received on or after Tuesday April 4, 2023 will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the large volume of inquiries, please allow two weeks to receive a response.

  • New requests for Shannon Hall or the Play Circle need to be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance
  • Event requests that are dependent on campus or ASM funding must be submitted at least 9 weeks in advance. This allows time to discuss the needs of the event and prepare a cost estimate for the application.
  • When submitting requests, please complete the below Theater Space Request Form and include as much detail about your event as possible. The more involved the event, the more staffing is required. Even if the theater is available on the date and time requested, we may not be able to properly and safely support your event.
  • For weekday, daytime events: Hiring IATSE crew is likely necessary and will incur higher labor costs; contracting an outside vendor to provide livestreaming services may be necessary, which may increase costs.

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!

Requester Info:

Event Details:

Event Type (Select all that apply)


Event Needs:

What production needs does your event have? (Select all that apply)
What catering/hospitality needs does your event have? (Select all that apply)
Go to top of page