Shannon Hall or Play Circle
Please complete the below form to request space in Shannon Hall or Play Circle, located at Memorial Union. Eligibility to use the theaters is limited to:
- UW-Madison Registered Student Organizations
- UW-Madison departments
- Government agencies
- Wisconsin Union Corporate Members
Groups that do not fit one of these categories must be sponsored by a university department. A sponsorship letter signed by a Dean, Provost, or Chancellor is required. Visit the Theater Renter Eligibility page for more information about eligibility.
Submitting a request does not guarantee space in the theater; a booking is completed once theater availability has been confirmed and a contract has been signed.
January 2022 Updates
- Rental Office hours for the Spring Semester will be announced soon. All meetings will be held virtually over Zoom until further notice.
- New requests for the Spring Semester through May 15, 2022 will be prioritized. Requests will be reviewed in the order they were received. Please allow 3-5 business days for a response.
- New requests for June/July/August 2022 will be reviewed next, in the order they were received.
- Booking for September 2022 through May 2023 will open in March 2022. More information about the process and pricing/terms will be communicated in early March.
- Other non-inquiry questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Effective Fall 2021
- New requests for Shannon Hall or the Play Circle need to be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance.
- Event requests that are dependent on campus or ASM funding must be submitted at least 9 weeks in advance. This allows time to discuss the needs of the event and prepare a cost estimate for the application.
- When submitting requests, please complete the below Theater Space Request Form and include as much detail about your event as possible. The more involved the event, the more staffing is required. Even if the theater is available on the date and time requested, we may not be able to properly and safely support your event.
- For weekday, daytime events: Hiring IATSE crew is likely necessary and will incur higher labor costs; contracting an outside vendor to provide livestreaming services may be necessary, which may increase costs.
Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!