Shannon Hall or Play Circle
Please complete the below form to request space in Shannon Hall or Play Circle, located at Memorial Union, 800 Langdon Street, Madison WI. Submitting a request does not guarantee space in the theater; a booking is completed once theater availability has been confirmed, a contract has been signed, and, if applicable, a deposit has been received.
Before completing this form, please review the following:
Theater Booking Policies
- Booking through May 2024 is now open. New requests will be reviewed in the order they were received. Please allow 2-3 business days for a response.
- New requests for Shannon Hall or the Play Circle need to be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance.
- Event requests that are dependent on campus or ASM funding must be submitted at least 9 weeks in advance. This allows time to discuss the needs of the event and prepare a cost estimate for the application.
- When submitting requests, please complete the below Theater Space Request Form and include as much detail about your event as possible. The more involved the event, the more staffing is required. Even if the theater is available on the date and time requested, we may not be able to properly and safely support your event.
- For weekday, daytime events: Hiring IATSE crew is likely necessary and will incur higher labor costs; contracting an outside vendor to provide livestreaming services may be necessary, which may increase costs.
- Cancellations of the theater rental must be received in writing no later than 14 calendar days before the event to avoid charges. If the user cancels less than 14 days before the event, the user will be responsible for the entire theater usage fee and a portion of the estimated labor.
Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!