Copycat Ginger Root Sesame Chicken
Satisfy your craving for Ginger Root with this Copycat Sesame Chicken recipe! Lunch rush line not included. Looking for a vegetarian option? Make this dish meatless by substituting roasted cauliflower or breaded broccoli instead!
- 1 1/2 lbs of Store-bought Popcorn Chicken
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Green Onion, sliced (divided)
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Sambal Olek Chili-Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 4 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Bake 1 1/2 pounds of popcorn chicken as directed on package
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and half of the green onions. Sauté until aromatic.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, chicken stock, Sambal Olek Chili-Garlic sauce, honey, ketchup and brown sugar and mix ingredients together.
- Add cornstarch and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Bring sauce to a boil.
- Add cooked chicken and sesame seeds directly to saucepan. Toss until evenly coated.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.
- Serve over a bed of jasmine rice (optional) and enjoy!