Welcome to the Terrace!
There's nothing like the historic Memorial Union Terrace––and we're here for you this summer!
It's Terrace Time
Come enjoy the iconic sunburst chairs, beautiful lake views, gorgeous sunsets, and your food faves. No reservations needed—just enter along the east side of Memorial Union, outside or indoors, to experience the Terrace. We're planning our summer events, so watch this space for our Terrace Stage music and film lineup.
So grab a chair and soak up the sun on the historic Memorial Union Terrace. The years have passed, the space has grown and even the chairs have changed. But through it all, the Terrace has remained a favorite spot for UW students, faculty, staff, Union members and anyone else looking to enjoy sunny day or beautiful evening.
For updates and pictures of our favorite chairs, connect with us:
Open Daily 8 am–11 pm
How to "Terrace" in 2021:
- Starting May 10 everyone is welcome, no reservations needed
- Enter through der Rathskeller or along the east side of the building near Alumni Park
- Face masks are required
- Food is available to order, carry-in food & beverages are not allowed
- Seating is first-come, first-served
- Standing will not be permitted––everyone must have a seat
- Furniture must remain in place, there can be no rearranging of chairs
- Single-day memberships will be available for purchase
- With the exception of service animals, pets are not allowed
—Event Lineup to Come—