One of WUD's goals is to encourage innovative and creative programming. To promote such programming, WUD offers a Late Night Grant to support other on-campus organizations that host unique and engaging alcohol-free events. Preference is give to late night events, though at the WUD Executive team's discretion, the grant may be used to fund any program that offers an alternative to drinking events (i.e. sports events, holidays, or bar crawls). This grant is made possible through the Division of Student Life.
In Order to Qualify:
- Funds must be used for student-oriented alcohol-free activities
- Events must be open to all members of the UW community
- The majority of the event must occur between the hours of 9pm and 2am, Thursday through Saturday
- Event must be free of charge to participants
*Exceptions may be made to the above qualifications
Preference will be given toevents:
- Sponsored by a registered student organization (RSO)
- That occur in the Wisconsin Union
- That are new programs/initiatives or significant additions to ongoing programs/initiatives
Late Night Grant funding can be applied to:
- Any expenses paid directly to the Wisconsin Union or any UW campus unit
- Space/room rental
- Equipment rental
- Internal university expenses can be paid directly, however external expenses will need to be reimbursed
The Late Night Grant is currently on hold. We hope to have more information for Fall 2020 soon.
Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis, and should be received three weeks prior to the event date. A committee will formally review your application and the committee's decision will be sent to you as soon as possible. Please be aware of the publicity requirements that need to be met in order to use any grant money. Any marketing for the event should include the Wisconsin Union logo and "Funded through the Chancellor's Late Night Grant." For information about logos that should be included on all promotional materials for a grant-funded event, contact email@example.com.