The Publications Committee of the Wisconsin Union Directorate celebrates creativity on campus by providing hands-on experience in publishing, editing, writing, and art-making. Through the publishing of our 5 student-run journals and magazines, we provide a creative outlet for UW-Madison students interested in creating poetry and prose, reporting on music and fashion, or delving into research in science and public policy. We also offer lectures with established authors, an annual literary festival, and we co-host events such as UW Fashion Week!
Our publications include:
- Moda, premier fashion and lifestyle magazine, founder of UW Fashion Week.
- Emmie, print magazine and blog focusing on the local and national music scene.
- The Dish, the only local foodie magazine targeted towards college students on a budget.
- Souvenirs, original photography and articles from students who love traveling and cultures.
- Illumination, literary journal publishing creative writing and art from students on campus.
You can pick up Fall 2020 print issues (find digital ones here) at your local cafes: Michelangelo, Crescendo, Barriques (Monroe & Washington Ave), and Sencha Tea Bar and of course, at your Unions!
Read our Summer 2020 digital issue, COMMUNITY, a collaborative publication presented by all six of our magazines!
All events and publications sponsored by WUD Publications Committee are free of charge and intended for UW-Madison students, faculty, staff, Union members and guests. Don’t miss out, grab a copy (or ten)!
Join our email list to get fresh updates from WUD Publications and be in the know on upcoming events.