The Wisconsin Union Association
In 1951, the Memorial Union Building Association was incorporated as a non-profit, educational corporation representing the 80,000+ Wisconsin Union lifetime members, with a stated purpose of promoting the interests, welfare, and development of the Wisconsin Union through membership programs, financial stewardship and fundraising.
Established by the UW Board of Regents in the 1920s to raise the funds to build Memorial Union, the Memorial Union Building Association collected more than $1 million in gifts from UW students and alumni—the single largest fundraising campaign ever undertaken by the university at that time. Fundraising activities continued in the 1930s when money was needed for construction of the Wisconsin Union Theater. Now called the Wisconsin Union Association, for more than 50 years, the Association has continued to seek private funds for the betterment of the Wisconsin Union. For more information, click here.