Collaborations Submissions Closed for Spring 2018 Semester
Due to overwhelming demand, Spring 2018 collaboration screening slots are already filled. We encourage you to contact the Campus Event Services Office (CESO) to explore available alternate locations for your event idea. WUD Film will review collaboration proposals again starting in the Fall 2018 semester. Thanks and see you at the movies!
This form is to be used as an application for collaboration between WUD Film and partner organizations on campus. All films are played in the Marquee Theater in Union South. The Marquee Theater has 330 audience seats and has the capabilities to project: DCP, Blu-ray, DVD and 35mm.
- Collaboration requests must come from a UW-Madison Registered Student Organization or an academic department/program on campus.
- Ideally, proposals should be submitted at least 4 weeks in advance of the event date, to allow time for committee consideration and proper planning/marketing of the event if it is approved.
- Once your proposal is submitted for consideration, you will be invited to a future WUD Film general committee meeting to pitch your proposal and answer questions. The committee will vote to determine if the proposed idea aligns with the committee collaboration goals and if we have the resource capacity to support the event.
- Following the meeting, the WUD Film Collaborations Associate Director will contact you with the results of the committee decision and next steps in the process. Please understand that WUD Film receives far more event proposals that can be accommodated, so not all proposals will be approved.
- Collaboration programming spots are typically available Wednesday evenings during the semester. The Marquee is reserved for regular WUD Film series programming Thursday-Sunday evenings. Monday and Tuesday evenings, Saturday mornings and early afternoons, and Sunday mornings may be options on a space available basis.
- If the collaboration is approved, the facility use fee for renting the Marquee as a venue will be waived, however your organization is still responsible for the following:
- Paying for/obtaining the film's public performance screening rights
- Paying for and delivering a physical screening copy of the film in good working order (DCP, DVD, Blu-ray, or 35 mm)
- Paying for projectionist costs (about $50-$60 for a typical program).
- WUD Film collaborations are not available for paid admission or fundraising events. Collaboration events must be free and available to the campus community.
- WUD Film Collaboration events are seated on a first-come, first-served basis. You may hold a small section of seating (max 15 seats) for your group members working the event, but we do not allow reservations, RSVP lists, guest lists, pre-ticketing, Eventbrite pages, etc. for collaboration events.
- WUD Film will help market collaboration screenings to UW-Madison and the surrounding campus community through our usual marketing channels and will provide volunteer host staff during the screening. WUD Film must be listed as a programming partner, with our logo included, on all marketing for the event.
- Your physical screening copy of the film must be received at the WUD Office in Union South (Room 235) at least one week prior to the screening date for tech testing purposes.
- If you would like to use the Marquee without collaborating with WUD Film, please review the Marquee User Guide and contact the Campus Event Services Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you have any additional questions, please contact the WUD Film Collaborations Associate Director at email@example.com.