Rental Policies and Forms
We are excited to see that you are interested in renting equipment with Outdoor UW!
How to rent with us
- Fill out a rental request.
- Outdoor UW staff will receive your request, create your reservation and send you a confirmation email, including an invoice.
- Pick-up your rental equipment (Thursday 3 – 6:30 p.m. or by appointment) and turn in your signed Liability Waiver.
- Return your gear (Monday, 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. or Thursday, 3 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Monday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Contactless drop-off
- Monday, 3 – 6:30 p.m. | Office drop-off
- Thursday, 3 – 6:30 p.m. | Office drop-off
For more information on specific policies, procedures, and forms, please view the drop-down menu below.
General Rules for Off-Site Rentals
Equipment Fees for Off-Site Rentals
- Off-site rentals are only available to those 18+ years old.
- A valid ID must be presented, including government-issued ID card, UW-Madison student ID card, or Wisconsin Union membership cards.
- If renting equipment for a group, the individual renting equipment is responsible for all equipment as indicated on the contract and any late, lost, repair or cleaning fees.
- Rentals are first-come, first-served unless otherwise designated.
- No pets allowed on or in any rental items.
- Payment in full is required for all off-site rentals.
- All rental equipment is to be used as intended by the manufacturer. Customers are encouraged to request a demonstration in the proper use of all equipment rental items.
We are able to accommodate individuals and groups. Contact us to discuss your group rental needs.
Rental Liability Waiver
Group Programs Liability Waiver
All cleaning, damage or late fees are assessed and due at the time of equipment return. Renters are responsible for returning gear in a condition that is similar to the time of pick-up.
Late Fees: Rentals are due by 7pm the following day if taken out Sunday-Thursday. Rentals are due by 2pm the following day if taken out on Friday and Saturday. An extra night will be charged if rentals are not returned on time.
Cleaning Fees: A $15 cleaning fee will be applied if equipment is returned dirty, wet or stained.
- Equipment should be returned in reasonable condition, not outside of the normal use of rentals. All damage fees are assessed by the Outdoor UW staff and due at the time of return or shortly after and will account for repair cost and time. Any unpaid charges will be sent to a collections agency.
- If equipment is returned in unusable condition or if it is lost or stolen, the full replacement value of the equipment will be charged
Cancellation Policy & Fees: While we want each customer to have the best experience, it is the responsibility of the renter to prepare for poor weather conditions. We will not refund for time lost during an individual rental session. We require at least a 24-hour advance notice for group cancellations to receive a credit with Outdoor UW for the deposit.