Create a drawing using the blind contour technique - No drawing experience necessary to look like Picasso's protégé!
- Piece of paper or paper grocery bag
- Black marker or black pen
- Colored pencils
Choose a simple object to draw. Suggestions: houseplant, vase, chair, coffee mug, piece of fruit
- If you do not have a piece of paper, cut up a paper grocery bag - a 6 inch by 6 inch square works well
- Using a black marker put a small dot in each corner, then connect the dots to create an informal "frame" for your masterpiece
- Using a pencil, place the pencil near the bottom of black square, looking at your object from the bottom up, begin outlining all the lines that you see from bottom to top, and challenge yourself not to pick up your pencil or look down at your paper
- When you are finished, take a look! Your project probably looks like it is in the Cubist style!
- Outline your blind contour drawing with either a black marker or pen and shade it in with marker, pen, pencil, crayons, colored pencil, or paint