Travel to Cuba: an interactive travel key to Cuban culture, history, and awareness will feature salsa dancing, Cuban food, and travel information. The writer of the book "Out of Havana" will be coming in to speak and answer questions at the end. There will also be prizes throughout the presentation, which will cover the following:
- An understanding of who can currently travel to Cuba and under what circumstances
- A brief history of the island and Cuban-American relations
- An awareness note about a traveler's role when visiting Cuba and what to look out for
- Important travel information regarding places to visit, hotels, flights, currency, and more
- The culture: food, music, art, and more
This event is free and open to UW-Madison students, staff, faculty, Union members and their guests.
Co-Sponsored by WUD Society and Politics.
A special thanks to Horace and Marian Wilkie Fund for sponsoring this event.