We're Making A Splash
Join us for Lakefront Live on the Memorial Union Terrace! This event – featuring Cork n' Bottle String Band – invites concertgoers to enjoy free, live music from their boats and paddleboards on Lake Mendota.
Kayaks, Paddleboards, Canoes - Reservations Required
through Outdoor UW
RESERVE YOUR SPOT
- Rent a single kayak, double kayak, stand-up paddleboard or canoe to soak in the show from Lake Mendota
- One reservation per person is required
- Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- $16/person for the entire event (6-9 p.m.)
- Please note, reservations reserve your seat, not a specific paddlecraft
- Individuals interested in a specific paddlecraft are encouraged to arrive early, as craft will be assigned on a first come, first served basis
- Renters may arrive to select their craft beginning at 3 p.m.
- Outdoor UW does not allow alcohol on crafts or consumption of alcohol/drugs prior to rental. Outdoor UW reserves the right to turn away any renters who are believed to have consumed alcohol in close proximity to their rental time, or who may be attempting to bring alcohol on crafts.
Sailboat Rides and Inner Tube Floaties - Reservations Required
through Hoofer Sailing Club
RESERVE YOUR SAILBOAT RIDE
Enjoy free, live music from Hoofer Sailing Club sailboats on Lake Mendota. Registration is encouraged. Seats are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Depending upon demand, the club may rotate passengers to allow for all to enjoy the fun. This event is open to both Hoofer Sailing Club members and non-members. Non-members must sign a waiver before participation.
Inner Tube Floaties
RESERVE AN INNER TUBE
Sign up to rent an inflatable inner tube for the entirety of the concert. The club will have a variety of fun designs which will be available on a first come, first served basis.
Other Ways to Join Us
- Listen on the Terrace!
- Bring your own paddlecraft or boat