Virtual Intro to Climbing
During this hour-long webinar, we will introduce ourselves and the Hoofer Mountaineering Club. New climbers will learn about top-rope climbing and gain a few skills to get out climbing and get connected with others in the club.
Overview of the webinar:
- Types of climbing
- Fitting and properly wearing a harness
- A demo on tying-in and top rope belaying
- Risk assessment and safety checks
- More information about the club and how to join
- What you should do next to get climbing!
- We are so excited to give you a preview of our club and get you climbing!
How to Join Us
1) Sign up for the event here: https://members.hoofers.org/event/74102
2) Use this link to join the webinar: https://uwmadison.zoom.us/j/91051225976
*Please note this event is identical to the 'Heelers: Intro to Climbing' event on September 23, yet has different registration links.