Hoofer Ambassadors invites you to come and chat about the climate crisis with us! It will be an hour-long discussion and reflection about our thoughts on this topic and our reactions to the resources below. We will consider what they make us think about, what we can learn from them going forward, and what they imply for our own lives and the world more largely. The event is co-hosted with the UW-Madison BIPOC Coalition. No background information on the climate crisis is necessary. We hope you'll join us!
We recommend you sign up in advance. If you would like to do so, click HERE. The Zoom information can be found below or on RecHub.
We recommend you watch, read, or listen to at least one of the following prior to our meeting, but it is not required.
1. Before the Flood (documentary, Disney + or Amazon)
2. How COVID-19 made it easier to talk about climate change (article, New York Times)
3. 'Racism dictates who gets dumped on': how environmental injustice divides the world (article, The Guardian)
4. Why 'I can't breathe' is resonating with environmental justice activists (article, NBC News)
5. Racial Justice, Climate Justice, and Equity with Teron McGrew (Climate Changers podcast, Spotify, Apple Podcasts)
6. Specialsode: Displaced with Mary Robinson (Mothers of Invention podcast, Spotify, Apple Podcasts)
This event is open to everyone - you do not need to be a Hoofer member to participate, so feel free to virtually bring friends!
Meeting ID: 995 4823 6828