Paddle Lake Mendota
$45 per person. June through mid–September.
Experience Lake Mendota, Madison’s largest lake, with a guided morning paddle. Led by a UW-Madison student from Outdoor UW, you will paddle along the Lakeshore Nature Preserve and learn about the lake and life at the University. Once back on dry land, you will receive the Wisconsin Union Adventures guidebook and a $10 gift card so you can extend your stay and explore Memorial Union and Union South.
Choose from a single or tandem kayak, a canoe or a stand-up paddleboard. If your group is feeling particularly adventurous, you can hop on the 8-person stand-up paddleboard, called the SUPsquatch! Morning group paddles ensure quiet waters and less congestion on the lake and in the building.
Group Size: 4–24 people
Duration: 2 hours
Book now to reserve your summer 2020 adventure.
$45 per person. Late January through mid–March.
Experience winter in Wisconsin with a snowshoe hike across Lake Mendota or along Lakeshore Path to a bonfire at Picnic Point. Led by a UW-Madison student from Outdoor UW, you will learn about the lake and life at the University. After you come in from the cold, you will receive the Wisconsin Union Adventures guidebook and a $10 gift card so you can extend your stay and explore Memorial Union and Union South.
Dress for the weather and come ready for an experience unlike any other. Our trained staff check the Lake Mendota ice conditions daily and will ensure the safest trip to Picnic Point possible. Whether you trek across the lake in snowshoes or you hike along Lakeshore Path wearing spikes, it will be a hike to remember.
Group Size: 4–18 people
Duration: 2 hours
Book now to reserve your winter 2020 adventure.
- Please make your reservation at least 7 days in advance to ensure availability. We may be able to accommodate shorter time frames, so please call us at (608) 262-1630 to check.
- All reservations require a 50% deposit.
- Full payment must be made at the time of the rental.
- Cancellations (made 24 hours in advance) will result in a credit with Outdoor UW in the amount of the 50% deposit.
- In the case of inclement weather on the day of your reservation, our Group Coordinator will contact you to reschedule your reservation.
About Outdoor UW
Outdoor UW at Memorial Union offers an array of seasonal outdoor activities and instruction suited for people of all experience and abilities. From paddling and yoga to camping, climbing and snowshoeing gear, Outdoor UW is UW-Madison’s outlet to the outdoors.