Learn how to make a garden-fresh vegetable strata fit for the perfect brunch or dinner!
From April 5th to April 7th, pre-order this recipe to make from your very own kitchen. Learn more by visiting the Campus Farmer's Market Take and Make bag webpage.
1 Ciabatta loaf (14.5 oz)
1 small onion, diced
1 zucchini, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
4 oz. Crimini mushroom, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp dry thyme
1 tsp dry basil
4 cups spinach, lightly packed
14 oz. Fontina cheese, shredded
4 large eggs
1-1/4 cups whole milk
1-1/4 cups heavy cream
1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
1-1/2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp unsalted butter
What You'll Need
Two Large Mixing Bowls
A Sautee Pan
13" x 9" Baking Dish
- Cut bread into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- Dice the carrot, bell pepper, and onion and chop the mushroom
- In a medium sautee pan, heat 2 tbsp of butter over low heat until melted
- Add diced vegetables, chopped mushrooms, chopped herbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the sautee pan with melted butter. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the fresh spinach and cooked vegetable mixture until spinach is wilted.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and cream until well blended.
- Combine the egg mixture, diced bread, vegetable-spinach mix, and fontina cheese together.
- In a 13" x 9" baking dish, use the final tbsp of butter to coat the bottom and edges of the pan. Pour the mixture evenly throughout the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve!