Garden Vegetable and Feta Quinoa Cake
Make these delicious garden vegetable and feta quinoa cakes as a meat substitute, top your salad or just eat as a healthy snack!
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cups Feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a medium sauce pan add quinoa, water and 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool.
- In a sautee pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium – high heat, then add diced onion and bell pepper, grated carrot and zucchini, remaining salt, pepper and paprika. Cook until vegetables are tender, 3 – 5 minutes approximately. Then let cool.
- In the mixing bowl with the cooled quinoa. Add sauteed vegetables, Feta cheese, Panko bread crumbs, parsley and beaten eggs. Mix together thoroughly, then form cakes to desired size.
- Using a non-stick sautee pan heat remaining olive oil over medium-low heat, then carefully place cakes into oil and cook over medium-low heat until cakes are lightly browned, flip and finish over low heat until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.