Learn how to make bruschetta on a toasted garlic crostini!
From March 26th through March 28th, pre-order a Campus Farmer's Market Take and Make bag with the ingredients to make it at home. Includes a baguette from our friends at Madison Sourdough!
1 baguette, cut diagonally into slices
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup, grape tomatoes, quartered
Bunch fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
1/2 red onion, diced
3 slices of fresh mozzarella, diced
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1 -1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Crostini
1. Thinly slice 3 large cloves of garlic and add to a medium sized skillet
2. Add 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
3. Cook over medium heat until very fragrant - about 5 minutes
4. Slice your baguette on the diagonal to create the crostini
5. Brush the crostini with the garlic and oil mixture
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly brown. Set aside to cool
For the Bruschetta
8. Cut your grape tomatoes in to quarters. Add to a mixing bowl
9. De-stem the basil, stack the leaves and cut into thin ribbons (chiffonade). Add to bowl.
10. Dice the onion and add to tomato mixture
11. Dice the fresh mozzarella into 1/4 inch pieces; add to tomato mixture.
12. Add 1/3 cup of Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
13. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
14. Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
15. Add two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
16. Add a 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
17. Mix to combine and allow to sit for 15 minutes
18. Top your crostini with the tomato mixture and enjoy!