Opportunities & Aspirations
Opportunities for the Wisconsin Union:
Based on our Strengths
- Raise up program quality and its overall positive community impact
- Create a food-first culinary experience
- Realize the potential of a fully engaged membership base
- Create more intentional outreach and engagement with diverse communities
- Leverage the Wisconsin Union brand
- Enhance our role as educators in creating purposeful student-staff partnerships
- Increase environmental and sustainability consciousness across all operation areas
- Implement technologies and best business practices to create a foundation for ongoing positive change
- Build a sustainable staffing model for students and all staff that includes hiring, retention, training & recognition
Based on our Named Opportunities
- Be the leading provider of open and accessible high quality facilities, magnetic programs and services for all members of our community.
- Foster a true sense of ownership among all Union users, especially UW-Madison students, faculty and staff and Wisconsin Union members.
- Be a relevant and active builder of a strong, engaged and inclusive community on the UW-Madison campus and beyond.
- Create an environment where we are the coveted employer on campus at all levels of employment classifications.
- Maximize our quality of service and efficiencies in working towards these aspirations.